Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Forum

Any Information Would Help....

My grandma has been recently diagnosed with Diabetes. She has started to give herself shots. This past weekend she was taken to the hospital complaining of her chest hurting. They told her she had some stomach acid something with gastric reflux and they also mentioned nerve endings (I don't know why). My aunt asked me to find information about what she has. I have done searches and all that has come up are stuff about heartburn (which she gets ever so often). They also gave my aunt a medical term of what she has but she has neglected to give it to me for the time being. I was wondering if anybody has heard of this or if they know what is going on. She never use to have this problem until she was disgnosed with diabetes. Anything will help. Thank you.
I urge you to get a good book called REVERSING DIABETES by Dr. Julian Whitaker, M.D., and give this book as a gift to your grandma.

Was the term about nerve endings called "peripheral neuropathy"?

If yes, go to a very good forum, called the PERIPHERAL NEUROPATHY forum, over at http://www.braintalk.org  where there are many helpful, knowledgable people, who can give you and your grandma some advice and support!--to help prevent nerve damage that is common among diabetics.

This type of nerve damage is also caused by medicines used to BLOCK STOMACH ACID (see below).

I'll also post some GASTRIC REFLUX TIPS (that I didn't invent), that your grandma can ask her docs about, to be sure that they are OK for her to try, if she wants to try them.

I apologize that this will be a LONG posting!

Good luck to you and your grandmother!

Sincerely, Concerned lady
                  ------------------------

Some GASTRIC REFLUX TIPS (without acid blockers):

GER=Gastro-Esophageal Reflux. (Gastro=stomach. Esophagus=food tube.)

LPR= Laryngeal-Pharyngeal Reflux. (Larynx=voice box, containing the 2 vocal cords. Pharynx=throat, above the larynx. The larynx is above the trachea/windpipe.)

Reflux=acidic or alkaline stomach material that backs up into the esophagus (food tube), causing any of these problems: VCD attacks, cough, voice problems, asthma, globus (feeling of lump in throat), constant need to clear throat, worsening of sinus condition, sore throat, pre-cancerous conditions of throat &/or esophagus, etc.

SOME GER/LPR CONTROL THINGS WE DO, that we learned from the excellent book: STOMACH AILMENTS AND DIGESTIVE DISTURBANCES, by Michael T. Murray, N.D. See page 9, References, in my website: http://cantbreathesuspectvcd.com   and, also see GER/LPR info on page 5, and on LINKS page.

PLEASE READ THIS GREAT BOOK. It possibly can be bought on-line, from Michael T. Murray
Thank You VERY much for all of the information that you have given to me Concerned Lady. Now I know some possibilities it might be and I have information about a whole lot more. I don't feel in the dark! Now I can do something to help out my grandmother. Thank you again and thank you for your concern.

Bunkyb
Dear Bunkyb,

I'm glad I could give you some "food for thought". Keep asking questions, and then, with medical supervision, TAKE POSITIVE ACTIONS! Feel free to share the "tips" with her docs. If they have no objections, try the tips. Give the tips about a couple of weeks, to see if they help.

Keep us posted on how your grandmother progresses.

I wish you and her the best. Thank you for being so caring, that you reached out to help your grandmother!

Sincerely, Concerned lady

http://cantbreathesuspectvcd.com
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem