Arrhythmia and GERD

Posted By JSP on September 17, 1998 at 22:17:56:

I am a 32 year old female and was diagnosed with GERD about 2 years ago.  My physician has rotated me back and forth on Prilosec and Zantac.  I can go weeks at a time with no occurrences of GERD and then I can suddenly have several weeks with GERD.  Recently, during my last epidsode of reflux, I have noticed that I have irregular heartbeats.  My heart seems to skip beats and then make up for it by beating an extra beat.  This usually occurs right after I eat.  I have no history of heart problems, nor does my family have a history of heart disease.  Other than GERD, I am healthy.  I have read similiar problems from others on your Forum and I wondered if there is any literature on this issue.  This has been an unusually bad bout of GERD and that is when the irregular beats began.  Any ideas?
JSP  
Looking for a Doctor?
Shop for health care like an expert. Find the best doctors based on reviews from patients like you.