Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Forum

Diseases

For a school project, I was wondering, are there any diseases that eat at the internal organs, either turning them to mush, or making them disappear?  Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
tysh
I think the Ebola virus does that. Sure you're not a terrorist posing as a student?
well wilson, i would not of thought of that, but in the time we live in you never know you may have hit the nail on the head .it does sound like a strange school project and a strange question to ask a medical forum full of patients with serious medical problems  . i take my hat off to you for your reply .plus not to mention i got good laugh out of that one good shot .
Celiac Disease which is a wheat allergy damages your intestines.  I am trying to get the word out to more people because it is the most common disease in the united states and the most misdiagnosed.  It damages the villi in your intestines which causes you to not be able to absord nutirents and cause severe anemia.  Let me know how things work out.  One more thing, Celiac had been known to only occur mostly in Infants and older people but I am only 19 years old and I have it.  It came up really bad after I had my gall bladder out.  Thanks!!
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem