Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Forum

Elevated GGT History of Hodgkins Disease

I was having some pain in my right elbow and slight swelling.  I thought this was a result of my exercise program but having had hodgkins disease I decided to go to the walk in clinic. All test results were normal ( except my GGT which was 159.  It was suggested that I see my doctor.  I went a few weeks later and my GGT is now 260 and my ALT is slightly elevated.  I have had a full body ct scan - normal - my doctor wants to wait 3 months and do more blood work then.  I'm not real sure how comfortable I am with waiting that long.  Are they any other tests I should do/ask for or should I seek a second opinon ??

Don
Don, I am having similar problems and I am waiting to go to Duke in January.  It could be something minor but it certainly could be serious and i suggest you get a second oppinion.  In fact most doctors like for you to get a second oppinion.  From my research an increase in ggtp often points to bile duct obstructions.  Good luck
George
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem