Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Forum

Gallstones

Hi, my grandmother was just diagnosed with having gallstones. Unfortunately surgery is sort of out of the question. She is very fragile. She has diabetes, she's had cancer in her breast and colon, high blood pressure, asthma, several minor heart attacks, one major heart attack, etc. If she even catches a cold she has to be taken to the hospital. She's also had a lot of operations. Are there any other treatments besides surgery that can take the gallstones away? Thank you very much. I really appreciate it.

Sincerely,
VanessaA
I agree that you should pay no attention to the answer you got from patriot.  Your grandmother is fragile and needs your tender loving care.  I'm sure the doctors will take into consideration that your grandmother is frail and will try to treat her accordingly.
Chicken Soup and Roxnsox, you'r wrong this time!
Information that Patriot provided in this forum have been of immense help to my life. I did all the cleanses, and I am 100% better. I can still improve my health, but, when I remember that just a 3 months ago doc's wanted to cut me open while they just thought that I have gallstones ... they didn't know what was wrong.

Patriot, thank you a million! Keep-up the good work, and don't listen to those who want to put you down.

JPT
Patriot, don't you dare to leave us! There are hundreds of people every day searching for help! There are many of us lurkers reading your every message, and we are gratefull for your messages. Both me and my DH and my daughter and many of our friends are reading your messages almost every day.  BTW, my neighbour, age 52, have been sent home to die (prostate cancer, stage 4) 2 years ago. He is still alive, thanks to diet and cleansing. So, believe what you want, but information that Patriot is sharing is life-saving! I'm also not buying anyone's claims that Earth is round, and that Earth is smaller then the Sun,  when I can see with my eyes that it is flat, and that Sun is small.  But, if I would, by some chance, be able to see things with the eyes of an astronaut, I would most likely change my perception. Shicken Soup, sometimes the only way to see and to understand certain facts of life is to experience it yourself.  Until you try cleansing  ... you really don't know what health is.  Seeing is believeing! Feeling is believeing! When you see your face get 10 years younger, your weight goes down to where you have been when you were 25, you are able to run ... Seeing is believeing!  Linda
No Patriot, don't go. If you go, I will feel like I have to try to help people ...( and I hate typing and computers) *smile*
Just because some people here don't like you ... don't give up.
I mean.. you can't expect everyone to like you!  If you told me, just one year ago that I will be doing enema every week and liver flush every few weeks, I would ask you if you are a nuts or something?  It takes time for us "usual people" to open-up for new ideas. I though that my MD is god himself, and that he knows everything about health.  I thought that medicine is a real scince, and that they want to help us get healthy. I know better now. My MD knows only what he is allowed to know. Today, he would be the last person I would ask for help ...
"A healthy population means a dead pharmaceutical industry."
They don't want us to be healthy. Pharmaceutical industry wants people to be sick and dependant on drugs. Drug addicts! They want to earn money! A lot of money! A lot of sick people! But, not my money any more! I want to live and to be healthy!
We are with you Patriot!   JPT

Thank you all so very much for the advice. I really appreciate it. I just got back from visiting my grandmother in the hospital and she does have gallstones. The problem is that now the doctors say that they don't think the gallstones is what's causing all the problems. They saw something else next to the galbladder. Tomorrow they will be putting a small camera down her throat (I don't know what that's called). Well, thank you all very much. If anyone wants to write anymore messages they can. I will be checking this sight daily.

*To Patriot*
Thank you also for your advice. I am sure you are a very nice person. Unfortunately, the doctor you suggested is under investigation. She is considered a "Quack". I checked it out my self. Thank you anyway for your concern and advice. I really appreciate it.

Sincerely,
VanessaA
I agree with the people asking you to stay.  Don't let someone drive you away.  I just found this forum recently.  I guess there is no moderator.  Over on Webmd message boards they have moderators and keep things quite professional, sometimes even deleting posts that are rude or bizarre.  Chicken soup, why not post there too?  Please don't leave here, we need your input.
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem