Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Forum

Heartburn, Lump in Throat, Chest Pain

I`m a 45 year old man, have always been in good health until this last year. I`m getting heartburn, a lump in my throat, and chest and neck pains almost every day. I`ve been to several doctors and specialists, have had stress test,endoscopy, x-rays on my esophagus. Have taken prilosec, prevesid, propulsid with relief for a while but then they stop working. I feel a tightness in my neck and throat, almost as though my throat is swollen. There is a lump there all the time. So far all my test results have been normal and they can`t find my problem. The only medication I`m on now is Ziac for blood pressure. I have been on this about 2 years and I`m wondering if it could be the cause of all my problems? Please could you give me any information that could help me find an answer I would really appreciate any help.
               Thank You,  Bob
  P.S.  I forgot to mention, when I`m getting a bad case of heartburn and chest and throat pain, I also become dizzy and sweat.

_

Dear Bob,
It is difficult to be certain regarding the cause of your problem, based on the information that you provided.  Esophageal motor problems (e.g. esophageal spasm) can cause chest pains and difficulty seallowing.  Ask your doctor about whether an esophageal motility study would be helpful in the determination of the etiology for your symptoms.
This information is presented for educational purposes.  Ask specific questions to your personal physician.
HFHSM.D.-rf
*keywords: esophageal spasm
0.1

A related discussion, hard lump in throat and chest pain was started.
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem