To answer your questions:
1) It is possible that the scar tissue can lead to the symptoms.
2) Possibly, but it is impossible to predict.
3) Surgery can treat the scar tissue if it is causing obstruction or refractory symptoms.
4) I am not aware of scar tissue leading to dietary restrictions.
5) Finding out the cause can be helpful. Once this is done, treating or avoiding the cause can be attempted.
6) Again, avoiding the cause to prevent progression can be done.
7) Scar tissue is normally caused from prior surgery or trauma. It is unlikely to spread.
8) Imaging with a CT scan can be considered. To further evaluate the GERD, a 24-hr pH study can be done as the next step.
These questions can be discussed with your personal physician.
Followup with your personal physician is essential.
This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patient education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.
Copyright 1994-2018MedHelp.All rights reserved. MedHelp is a division of Vitals Consumer Services, LLC.
The Content on this Site is presented in a summary fashion, and is intended to be used for educational and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended to be and should not be interpreted as medical advice or a diagnosis of any health or fitness problem, condition or disease; or a recommendation for a specific test, doctor, care provider, procedure, treatment plan, product, or course of action. MedHelp is not a medical or healthcare provider and your use of this Site does not create a doctor / patient relationship. We disclaim all responsibility for the professional qualifications and licensing of, and services provided by, any physician or other health providers posting on or otherwise referred to on this Site and/or any Third Party Site. Never disregard the medical advice of your physician or health professional, or delay in seeking such advice, because of something you read on this Site. We offer this Site AS IS and without any warranties. By using this Site you agree to the following Terms and Conditions. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your physician or 911 immediately.