Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Forum

Pain in lower chest and upper Stomach

I have chronic pain that is located in the lower chest/upper abdomen area, where the
  esophagus meets the stomach I beleive. The chronic chest/abdomen pain may have some
  relationships to another pain I get, namely, a cramping, pinching pain, that radiates
  through both sides of my back area. The cramping/pinching mostly happens when I am
  lying down on my back and sometimes while setting. It is of such intensity that I must
  change positions to eradicate the pain. Standing back up, or changing my lying
  possession is the only thing that removes the pain.
  The chest/abdomen pain began when I was about 22 years old and I am 58 now. It started
  at about the same time I was taking a lot of medication for skin acme, called acmetabs.
  The medication seemed to work, so I took more than was prescribed on the bottle. I
  discontinued them after about six month or so because they seemed to stop working. (I
  don
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem