Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Forum

Post Gallbladder removal pain.. (unlike gallstone symptoms)

I just had my GB removed (lap) about 3.5 weeks ago. The surgical pain was improving on a daily basis but stopped about 2 weeks ago. The area is still pretty sore and I can't lay on my stomach at all (which is a real pain in the arse, that's how I sleep!). Is it normal to have the same level of pain and soreness in the area for this long? I was expecting each day to be better than the last but no such luck.
On a good note, all of my gallstone symptoms are gone (which for me was mostly heartburn). I do have increased diarrhea but I have IBS so it's not exactly anything new for me!
Thanks in advance for your experiences and comments!!
I had my gallbladder out in May of 2001, and I was pain free in about a week and fully recovered in about 1 month.I would suggest seeing a doctor. Do you have a fever? you could have an infection.
I also had my GB removed recently (12/27).  Just two days ago I was able to sleep on my stomach again.  I am also a stomach sleeper, so it was a pain for me too!  The incisions will be tender for a little bit yet, but I would also suggest contacting your doctor, just to be safe.  Good luck!
Anne
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem