This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Avatar universal

Questions about fructose intolerant

I was recently diagnosed with being fructose intolerant after about a year and a half of having major stomach pains, diarrhea and nausea.  I am 25-years-old and still want to be able to go out and have fun with my friends.  Is there anything that you can drink while having this condition?  I have looked on the Internet and there are so many sites with foods you can't eat, which outweigh what you can, but I want to know some things I can eat and some alcoholic beverages that I can have.  Thanks for your help!
Read more
Discussion is closed
Upvote - 0
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
233190 tn?1278553401
Normally, treatment of fructose intolerance includes elimination of fructose and sucrose from the diet.  This requires referral to a dietitian to help with the diet you can and cannot tolerate.

Here is more information on the dietary modification:

Regarding alcohol (i.e. ethanol).  It is suggested that this be minimized, as it can cause more problems in those who are fructose intolerant.

These questions should be discussed with your personal physician.

Followup with your personal physician is essential.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patient education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Kevin, M.D.
Discussion is closed