Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Forum

Re: Heartburn, Lump in Throat, Chest Pain

Subject: Heartburn, Lump in Throat, Chest Pain

Forum: The Gastroenterology and Liver Diseases Forum

I`m a 45 year old man, have always been in good health until this last year. I`m getting heartburn, a lump in my throat, and chest and neck pains almost every day. I`ve been to several doctors and specialists, have had stress test,endoscopy, x-rays on my esophagus. Have taken prilosec, prevesid, propulsid with relief for a while but then they stop working. I feel a tightness in my neck and throat, almost as though my throat is swollen. There is a lump there all the time. So far all my test results have been normal and they can`t find my problem. The only medication I`m on now is Ziac for blood pressure. I have been on this about 2 years and I`m wondering if it could be the cause of all my problems? Please could you give me any information that could help me find an answer I would really appreciate any help.
             Thank You,  Bob
P.S.  I forgot to mention, when I`m getting a bad case of heartburn and chest and throat pain, I also become dizzy and sweat.

Follow Ups:

Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem