Rectal Pain and Pressure

Febuary 21st I noticed I was getting sore in my rectum when I would sit some times. I had  some bright blood earlier that month on my tp, but I have had a small hemroid for many years, so I did not think anything of it.But as the month went on I kept getting sore more and more.I went to my GI, who by the way has been seing me over the last 5 years for Acid Indegestion and IBS Symptoms. I had a Colonoscopy 2 1/2 years ago for pain in abs, came back normal, with a palyop that was sent to pathology, and was also normal. My GI Said at this visit that my pain was hemroids, and gave me some Cortizone cream...2 weeks later, i went back because I was not getting better. He said not to worry that my colonoscpy was negative 2 years ago, and he gave me supposatories this time And we schedualed a Flex Sigmoid for in his office. I seem to be getting worse , and when I called his office he was out of town, so I went to a surgeon. He did a Anoscope, and said he saw a few small Hemroids but did not think they could cause my pain, and to come back in 3 weeks if does not get better. I went back to my GI and had the Flex Sig done, and he said everything looked good , and he saw a few small Hemroids. I told him my pain was intolerable, and that we need to find out why I cant sit, for it is painful, and continues throught the day...I asked if maybe I have Levator syndrome, and he kind of shook his head, and said that was the same as IBS. Well I also asked if maybe I had endometrioses on my rectum, he said not possible... I have seen my OBGYN in between these visits and he is going to do a Laparoscopy 4-18-06 to see if I have any endo on my rectum, he says that if I am having spasms, that something has to be causing them and it could be endo. He does not see that it can be anything else...
I am at my wits end please help me......These are my symptoms
Am feel ok.....kind of
After I have a couple of bowel movements I am sore in my rectum and feel some burning sometimes, not like hemroid burn. then as the day goes by, i feel like I have to have a bowel movement and push but nothing happens and its painfull. I feel pressure in my rectum , when I sit its real painful, so I cant sit. I have a ache in my rectum all day, and some times I feel like there is something in my rectum. The pain never goes away, just varies through out the day, when I got to bed at night it seems to not be as bad, then it starts all over again in am. I take a stool softner and eat alot of fiber and water, so I m not constipated

Please help.....
Well I went today to my OBGYN, he showed my husband and I the pictures of my Laparascopy he did last week. Showed Endo on and around my Uterus and Rectum, and also he said I have a Fibrus Tumor on my one overie. I was really concerned if we were dealing with Endo or something else. He assured me that my Bowels are are clear and that the Endo can cause the spasms and pain I am having in my rectum.

I chose to go the route of BC pills, and also ha gave me a scip for Flexeril and pain meds. He wants me to take the BC pill for a month or so along with the other meds and he said hopefully I should start feeliong better in a few weeks. He said the birth control pills surpress the estrogen and cause me to be like I am pregnant therefor the endo will be surpressed and I will be relieved of the rectal and pelvic pain...I hope...

He said there is no cure , and that last resort would be to have a Hysterectomy...I m not there yet..

I took the Flexeril when I got home, and it seemed to subside some of the pain but not all, he did thing the endo is causing the rectal spasms, but I do have some small hemriods that are flaring up right now, so you can imagine all the weird pain I have at one time. He said they are two different things goimg on with me . The endo and the Hemroids, they are not the same problem...

Well just wish me luck the BC pills work...I think the Flexeril will take some time to work...

How are you doing?  I am tired and going to  crash for the night. I will get back at you..

See ya  PIB
Hi PIB, well that's good you got some answers. The ovarian cyst can cause rectal pressure as well. I know this because this is how mine got started in January.

I am doing ok. Still treating the hemmorroids and taking the flexeril for the spasm feeling. It's weird as some days it is bad and others not so bad.

The cream the doc RX was called anamantle HC kit. I only used one dose of it and it made me much worse. I think I may have reacted to one of the ingredients. It is for the hemmorrhoids and I do better with PPH it think.

What did the doc tell you to do about the ovarian thing? Take the BC pills and hope it resolves?

Hudson
Hi everyone,

I just got through reading the posts and I think I may have a similar situation. For the past 6 months my periods have been clotty. I have also noticed an increase in sweating and hot sensations ( I guess hot flash) I have lately discover a bruiseon my inner thighs ( both thighs)  It is very close to the rectum and then down some on the thighs. Could this be endo too? I have been so worked up about it and worried. My muscles are tight too at times. I am scheduled to see a doctor Friday. I have a buzzing sensation in my uterus from time to time too. Let me know what you think.
Hi there, Do you mind me asking how old you are? Are you going thru peri-menopause? I am 50 and also having the hot flashes.

Let us know what you learn from the doc.

Hudson
Actually I am 31 and have had these for about a year or so. I try to bear with it the best I can, but it is hard to. My mind always goes to worst case scenerio anyway! LOL
Hi there, at 31 you are awfully young to be having hot flashes. It's good you have a doc appointment. Let us know what he has to say and try not to worry.

Hudson

You are reading content posted in the Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Forum

Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem