Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Forum

SOD Suspicion

As a follow-up to my earlier question I would like to know if sphincter of oddi dysfunction is life-threatening?  Is there any special diet that can help alleviate symptoms?  Also, where can I find the nearest academic center that specializes in this are as you suggested?  Is there a website or resource I could consult?  Thank you for your time.
I am not aware that SOD being life threatening.  

There is no specific diet that I know of that can help with symptoms associated with SOD.  

Academic medical centers are affiliated with medical schools.  Finding the nearest medical school would be a reasonable first step.

These options can be discussed with your personal physician.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patients education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Kevin, M.D.
www.kevinmd.com
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem