Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Forum

Surgery for Internal Hemorroids/scar tissue

My problem started with "anal leakage". Several times a day and even at night a fluid will leak out, the area stays irritated and moist. I had a colonoscopy and it showed internal hemorriods and scar tissue keeping the opening from closing completely and allowing the leakage. Surgery has been recommended. Has anyone else out there had this problem? I am scared to have the surgery, what if the closing opens even more? I hope someone out there has some infomation on this
     Thanks,  lizabet
Looks like this is an old post...hope you are doing better these days.  Maybe you have some advice for me.  I am going through the same thing, ie, leakage, itching, soreness, moist most of the time.  I went and saw my doctor today.  She ordered some stool specimens to be tested as well as an appt. with a proctologist.  I am hoping it is something simple.

If you see this, let me know how it turned out.

JC
A related discussion, anal leakage was started.
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem