Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Forum

Unusual Gastric Symptoms ??

Hi - i have an unusual condition that has caused me severe distress for some 2 years now. I am 31 years old.  I suffer with chest pain, left sided, sub sternal, and a general uneasiness that comes on AFTER exercising (never during). The pain can feel like a squeezing. My pulse rate is regular whilst this is happening, although i do feel very , very anxious. I have had 8 resting ecg's & 2 stress ecg's as a result which were normal. Cardiac Enzyme tests have ben done (normal), & BP is 120/80.I also have very bad chest pain & discomfort after using alcohol, which lasts for up to a week - diziness, sharp pains in chest and torso - so much so that i cannot drink at all now. I have also had a GI which revealed mild gastritis 12 months ago

Today is an example - i went out for a cycle ride for 20 minutes. My pulse was 120 upon completion of exercise, and after about 10 minutes of sitting down the pain came on, under the left side of my breastbone,& the ribcage. i had to take 2 co codamol to relieve the symptoms, and a zantac seemed to help a little, although gaviscon did not touch the pain. The discomfort lasted for about 1 hour. it can also be relieved by lying on the floor with my feet elevated.

I do also suffer with bad digestion & discomfort after eating.

Has any body any advice or suggestions. I am worried that it may be cardiac related , even though ECG's etc are normal. Does exercise aggravate gastritis/ GERD. Does anyone else expereince a similar condition. Please help, i am very worried, and find the symptoms very debilitating to the point of avoiding exertion
Considerations

Chest pain that is caused by a heart problem may be mild or intense. Feelings of pressure or squeezing on the chest are often more prominent than actual pain. The pain is usually in the center of the chest, under the breastbone. It may also radiate to the back, jaw or shoulder (usually the left). It may be accompanied by nausea, sweating, dizziness, or shortness of breath. Stable angina (chest pain caused by temporary inadequacy of blood flow to the heart muscle) usually lasts 1 to 15 minutes and is provoked by exercise or stress and relieved by rest or nitroglycerin. Unstable angina is angina that occurs at rest, or that is an increase in the frequency, severity, or duration of previously stable angina. Unstable angina often leads to an acute myocardial infarction (heart attack).

Here a few links I find HELPFUL.

Good Luck.................Dilli

http://aolsvc.health.webmd.aol.com/medcast_channel_toc/1686

http://www.adam.com/b2b/sales/clients.htm

Just a thought...you might ask to have a MRI done to look at your heart in detail just to be on the safe side.....A MRI will show the inside of the heart ...it wouldnt hurt to have it done...just a thought...
A related discussion, chest pain @left side was started.
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem