Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Forum

Upper Left Pain under my ribs

I have been suffering this pain under my ribs on the left side.I have this pain over a year already and it seems to be worsen up from day to day.I noticed it has changed from front to the back of my ribs and even around on the other side around my liver.I had my gallbadder removed many years ago not sure if this can cause such pain.I went to the doctor he gave some pills told me was spams and nothing to worry about.I went back again to my doctor and he gave some other pills for the stomach but couldn't take them gave a reaction.He also suggested it might be kidney stones but overall this is really starting to scare me.I sleep or lie down the pain is like all over the from front to sides around my rib cage.I am 36 Female in good shape.I taken blood test nothing comes up but normal or pecfect blood.I did suffer kidney problem many years ago when I was young.My stool is normal no blood or urine is normal color or no smell.Please give me some advice what to do before it get really nasty.
Thanks..
Hi Susu,
Thanks for telling about the pain you also have under your ribs.
I don't why this keeps bothering me the way it does it's really annoying.I am going to the doctor on Friday so we'll see what he says about my stomach.Maybe it does have something to do with the gallbladder not being there.Well hope to know more soon..
Not wanting to so many test like what you did for my work will have a **** fit..Take care..Vera.
I have the same pain.It starts right there under my ribs and goes through to my back.It happens almost every day.I also had my gallbladder removed.You think there is some connection with the gallbladder removal and the pain?Sometimes I wonder.I have seen numerous specialists.They too just gave me spasm meds,medication for pain...the list goes on.I have all kinds of testing...no diagnoses.Infact I have had all the tests that can be done except a colonoscopy,but the doc said there is no reason to have that done..anyway it seems as if we are in the same predicament.I hope it helps you in knowing you are not alone.

susu
Let me know what the doc says.Im curious to
hear what he says.Take care.

susu
hope the dr. can help you friday.  I have the same thing--pain under left ribs, reoccuring for over a year, have had gall bladder removed.  Let us know what you find out.

Please let me know if they find anything. I've had the same problem for years.  At times the pain is excruciating.  I've also been diagnosed with a "minor" hiatal hernia...which the doc says doesn't cause pain.  sure it doesn't...
I went to the doctor yesterday and will go for a certain x-ray for my stomach..It's called a:G.I.T.SMALL BOWEL test which sounds unpleasent as it sounds.I might have to go for a ultra sound afterwards but doctor seems puzzled untill the results come in postive or negative.It scares me but maybe it's just spmas that's it but it can very painful too.Anyway will keep ya all posted again..Take care and keep in touch..
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem