Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Forum

What causes mucus in stool???

Theres no blood only mucus after I wipe. What could be causing this/
Well you asked the very question that I was going too.  I have the same thing, no blood, but its only after wiping and it is like a light brown mucous.  I know hemorrhoids can cause mucous as well as IBS but I believe its white with IBS.  Anyone have an idea?
I think it is caused by parasites. I know about a great parasite cleanse if you are interested.
I, too have mucos when I wipe but also in my stools.  Has anyone found what it is from or what is wrong with us??
It could be a sign of IBS or Colitis
It's probably Candida yeast!!!  I think I have it, as I also have the mucus and weird colored stools right now.  Also suffer from indigestion/gas/fatigue/constipation, you name it.  All symptoms of Candida.  A lot of people who think they have IBS probably just suffer from a chronic case of this and it can be fixed.  There are plenty of websites that carry great cleansers, where you basically have to detox your intestines to clear it up.  I bought mine today at vitamin shoppe and i'm hoping it helps me.  Takes 15 days to clear it up with my formula.  Good luck!
Hi, Krispy.
What did you mean by werid colored stools? & do you also have thyroid diesease?
                 tramps
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem