Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Forum

What's an Abdominal Migrane?

Couple questions :

1. What's an abdominal migrane?

2. What diseases are out there that can cause bad neurological symptoms right after eating??

Thanks.

I am not sure what an abdominal migrane is, but i get headaches with my stomach pain. I have acid relux and it is horrible.  I have to find a new doctor, if anyone could recommend on.  In addition to these headaches, I get shortness of breath that scares the life out of me and throws me into a panic attack.  I used to think it was nerves, but when I found out I had reflux and read the symptoms, I learned better.
Abdominal migranes are migranes that have as a trigger point in the stomache or intestine.  For Instance I have a Milk allergy and every time I drink milk I get a migrane  yet my lactose tolerance tests come back fine.  I have also had migranes when I had a colonitis.  It is not uncommon to get a headache with GERD/ or other stomache disorders like gastritis.
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem