Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Forum

XANAX and GERD

I have read anecdotal accounts of individuals deriving benefit from GERD symptoms by use of Xanax.  Anyone have any experience, positive or negative, with this?
Have you read any articles on this and did this offer relief from heartburn with meals as well?
Try reading the article at <http://www.selfgrowth.com/articles/Shipko1.html>
It's article #63 under Mental Health / anxiety.
Xanax is alprazolam. It's suppose to indirectly inhibit bile
reflux and some say it helps with transient relaxation of the LES.
It's a tranquilzer and can be addictive.
lets try again....selfgrowth.com/articles/shipko1.html
also....algy.com/pdi/research.html
Yes, I have seen those websites before.   My problem is primarily 'atypical chest pain' often associated with fatty food intake, so am interested in CCK inhibition.  Removing gallbladder and sphincterotomy did not help, in spite of gastroenterologist claims.

I would like to see if anything other than Xanax exists to inhibit CCK.  I would like to try something with less baggage.  No, I have not tried Xanax.
Wombat...what about something like Questran or Colestid (cholesterol lowering meds that remove bile acids). I'm not sure if this is what you're interested in.
My cholesterol is GREAT: 151 last week.  (Was in the hospital after ERCP; will do separate post on that someday soon; ALT, AST and bilirubin were high).  What I seem to notice is gripping in my chest after eating fatty meals.  Nothing in the gut, just gripping in the chest, as if someone were squeezing my esophagus.  I noticed the same thing with CCK stimulation.  I know the literature which indicates that endogenous CCK can affect LES function and that Xanax is a CCK antagonist.  Am wondering if such an approach could benefit me.  Or more precisely, if there is something with less risk and baggage than Xanax that could benefit me.  

Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem