Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Forum

ZANTAC AND DIARREHA / GAS?

Hi to everybody,

I am 28 yr old healthy male.

I have been given zantac for a suspected hiatas hernia and now I am getting alot of gas and bouts of loose stools ( not bad or really watery )along with mild dull abdominal pains/ache.

Has anybody had this with these tablets or should I go back to the doctors, I did mention it to him last time and he said 'could be the tablets' but didn't seem too concerned.

I am not due back to the doctors untill I get an appointment for an endoscopy in about 2 months.

Thankyou in advance for any replies.
I'm going to do a "cut & paste" of some GASTRIC REFLUX TIPS that my husband and I use, that we find very helpful. Check with your doc, and if you & your doc have no objections, give these a week's try. See if they help!

GER=Gastro-Esophageal Reflux. (Gastro=stomach. Esophagus=food tube.)

LPR= Laryngeal-Pharyngeal Reflux. (Larynx=voice box, containing the 2 vocal cords. Pharynx=throat, above the larynx. The larynx is above the trachea/windpipe.)

Reflux=acidic or alkaline stomach material that backs up into the esophagus (food tube), causing any of these problems: VCD attacks, cough, voice problems, asthma, globus (feeling of lump in throat), constant need to clear throat, worsening of sinus condition, sore throat, pre-cancerous conditions of throat &/or esophagus, etc.

SOME GER/LPR CONTROL THINGS WE DO, that we learned from the excellent book: STOMACH AILMENTS AND DIGESTIVE DISTURBANCES, by Michael T. Murray, N.D. See page 9, References, in my website: http://cantbreathesuspectvcd.com   and, also see GER/LPR info on page 5, and on LINKS page.

PLEASE READ THIS GREAT BOOK. It can be bought on-line, from Michael T. Murray
Thankyou so much for taking time to comment I will check out all the things you talk about.

Thanks again
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem