As an important note I have had a mild case of hemroids for several years now. 2 months ago I awoke in the middle of the night and felt that my stomach was bloated and I had pains in my abdomen and testicles. I also noticed that I had a single painful enlarged hemroid (about the size of a small grape) that was located just inside the opening of my anus. It was flesh colored. The abdomal and testicular pain went away in a few hours, but the enlarged hemroid remained enlarged and was painful for 2 weeks. I would sit in warm baths each day and apply creams. The hemroid slowly reduced in size each day. For 2 weeks it would hurt when sitting,walking, bowel movements, etc. I have read that this could have been a thrombosed hemroid. However, mine was flesh in color NOT red or purple. What type of hemroid was it and how did it suddently get so enlarged? I have read that it is due to a blood clot. But my question is would a blood clot just appear for no reason or is it caused by pressure in the anus? The only thing that I could think of is that I played golf earlier that day. Usually after playing golf, the next day, I will wake up with abdominal pain and soreness.
1. Was this a thrombosed hemroid? If not what would you classify it as?
2. Could the bloated abdominal and testicular pain be connected to the painful hemroid?
3. Could an enlarged hemroid or thrombosed hemroid suddenly appear for no apparent reason? Or do they usually appear because of physical activity, constipation, etc.?
4. Could playing golf earlier that day have caused the enlarged hemroid and abdominal/testicular pain?
5. Does a thrombosed/enlarged hemroid suddenly develop in a matter of an hour or 2 or does it take several hours to days to develop? (specifically the size that I had experienced)
6. Not related to this incident but could anal sex cause a thrombosed hemroid to develop 1-2 hours immdetialy after the anal sex act? Or would it take days to develop?