For the past 5-6 weeks or so I’ve had the following symptoms:
1) I get up in the morning, go to the toilet and have a bowel movement.
2) 30 mins later I do the same again
3) Gradually throughout the rest of the day pressure builds up in what feels like the lower part of my colon and I feel the urge to defecate, but am unable to, unless I take a laxative at about 2 pm.
4) Whether or not I’ve managed to go to the toilet, the persistent urge to go to the toilet persists throughout the night. It’s as if something bloated and heavy in my lower colons “swells” up during the afternoon/evening and blocks the colon. It’s very unpleasant BUT NOT painful. During the late afternoon I’ve had a slight rise in temperature – 37. 9 celsius. This doesn’t last for a long time
5) I’ve been taking sleeping pills to get to sleep, and when I wake up my stomach’s calm and normal again: the bloated feeling has gone!. However, the whole process repeats itself again during the day.
6) I’m scheduled for a colonoscopy on 11/2
7) Bood tests and fæces tests have all come up negative
8) I’m 53, 1.79 and 81 kilos. I exercise regularly and don’t smoke. I eat a lot of vegetables and rarely eat bad food.
9) I haven’t lost weight, and mot fatigued and don’t feel nauseous.
Any idea what this could be, and can I do anything between now and 11/2 to relieve the unpleasant, bloated pressure?