Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Forum

constantly having hiccups

my husband has had the hiccups everyday for more than six months, no doctor can help.  he has congestive heart and high blood pressure and type 2 diabetes so he is on a lot of medicines so we would like to know could it be the medicine that causes the hiccups and acid reflux. he takes about 19 pills a day not all at once.  he believes that it is the potassuim that he takes with the laxiz.  he can't seem to relax and the hiccups keep him with a sore stomach.  he doesn't smoke or eat fatty foods. his breath smells so he uses a mouth wash constantly.  but he got to get rid of these hiccups.  or is it acid reflux from the pills?
The fastest way to get rid of a hiccup is to make yourself belch.
Carefully tickle the back of your throat with a plastic handle. Barend.
I hope your husband will look into ALTERNATIVE health methods, under good medical supervision, so he can hopefully SAFELY get off (or decrease) his many medications.

Try having him press on an acupressure point, just above his upper lip, in the middle, between the bottom of his nose, and the top edge of his upper lip (in the center).

This acupuncture point has worked for my husband and myself, to stop "regular" hiccups.

Also, look at some GASTRIC REFLUX TIPS (without acid blockers) that I will cut & paste, below. I hope your husband feels better, and gets his health back, as soon as possible.

Some GASTRIC REFLUX TIPS (without acid blockers):

GER=Gastro-Esophageal Reflux. (Gastro=stomach. Esophagus=food tube.)

LPR= Laryngeal-Pharyngeal Reflux. (Larynx=voice box, containing the 2 vocal cords. Pharynx=throat, above the larynx. The larynx is above the trachea/windpipe.)

Reflux=acidic or alkaline stomach material that backs up into the esophagus (food tube), causing any of these problems: VCD/Vocal Cord Dysfunction/Laryngospasm attacks, cough, voice problems, asthma, globus (feeling of lump in throat), constant need to clear throat, worsening of sinus condition, sore throat, pre-cancerous conditions of throat &/or esophagus, etc.

SOME GER/LPR CONTROL THINGS WE DO, that we learned from the excellent book: STOMACH AILMENTS AND DIGESTIVE DISTURBANCES, by Michael T. Murray, N.D. See page 9, References, in my website: http://cantbreathesuspectvcd.com   and, also see GER/LPR info on page 5, and on LINKS page.

PLEASE READ THIS GREAT BOOK. It may possibly be bought on-line, from Michael T. Murray
My friend I know got diagnosed with Diabetes, she always complained about her hiccups. Maybe this could be a clue. My friend, is severely underweight.
Signed,
Wallace13

Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem