Aa
A
A
A
Close
Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Forum
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.

pernicious anemia, food intolerances

I have pernicious anemia with low stomach acid.  I had a progressive lack of tolerance for years of certain foods, mostly raw vegetables and fruits.  This is better since I have been on B12 injections but will never be normal.  I cannot eat salads, for example, without nausea for hours afterwards.  My question is why is this problem never acknowleged by doctors and how can I manage it better?
_____
Dear Xenia,
Inability ot eat salads without nausea is not a result of your B12 deficiency.  Many people will have indigestion after eating salads especially if the salad has onions or spicy dressings.  there are many possible complications of B12 deficiency including malabsoprtion, abnormal red blood cells and neurological problems, but the symptom that you describe is not a consequence of low b12 levels.
This information is presented for educational purpose sonly.  Always ask specific medical questions to your personal physician.
HFHSM.D.-rf
*keywords: pernicious anemia

0 Responses
Popular Resources
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem