uncontrollable bowel movements

I've had a problem with diarrhea off and on for many years.  I had all the GI tests about 20+ years ago, and the diagnosis was such a hodge-podge that I gave up on medication and doctors years ago.  It doesn't seem to matter what I eat, and I know a lot of the cause is from stress; however, recently it's been happening with little or no notice (no cramps) where there hasn't been time to get to a bathroom.  I've been having accidents.  Fortunately, so far I haven't been embarrassed in public, but my guess is that time is coming.   This just adds to my stress.  It's a self-perpetuating situation.  Sometimes it happens immediately after eating and sometimes not for an hour or two after eating.  Any suggestions as to how to control this?
Read more
Follow
Upvote - 0
Medical science has developed considerably in the last 20+ years! If it's really been that long since you've had a GI examine you to diagnose the cause of your problem, which now appears to be increasing in severity and causing you more stress and concern, I suggest you see one soon. Good luck!