Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Forum

what to do about ibs.?

I have been told by 3 drs. that I have irritable bowl syndrome. I am 41 yrs. old, 2 children, complete hysterectomy, tonsils out, appendix out and a hernia fixed. My question is they tell me to take imodium ad for the diarehha. Well that works for the next 2 days but it kills you when you do go to the bathroom. One minute I am fine the next minute I have to take off flying to the bathroom, or end up having an accident. Does anyone have any suggestions or some advice. My life is pretty much on hold and I don't like it. What about an allergy test?
                        lovekids
I have IBS and my DR. gave me Librax, it works wonderfully. However it is a medicationt hat helps anxiety/ulcers also. It ultimatley got rid of my IBS, at least the frequency of getting an attack. Talk to your DR. about Librax.

Good Luck
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem