Disaster Preparedness Community
72 Members

Nose Breathing in Smoke-filled area

Nose breathing is more effective in filtering dust and smoke, therefore when in an area filled with smoke
such as a forest fire, try to breath through your nose, preferably with a wet cloth in front of your nostrils. This is something children should be instructed to do. Within the nose are mucus deposits and  nose hairs that are quite effective in preventing particulate matter from entering the lungs.
My child breathes through mouth when he sleeps. I'm concerned with this.
Disaster Preparedness Community
72 Members
288 Questions
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.
Here are the pros and cons of the top fad diets and weight loss plans of the year.