Aa
A
A
A
Close
Dogs Community
10.3k Members

3 weeks after spaying

I have a yr old half French Bulldog half Fiest that was spayed about 3 weeks ago. Her stitches were removed last Thursday 5/7/15 and now her bottom two **** are rock hard. Is this normal? Is there anything I can do to help her? I will be calling the vet tomorrow but as I am disabled it is hard for my husband to get off work to take her back and forth frequently is it is a normal situation.

I have never had any other spayed dog do this. She is not running a fever or acting differently. Eating and drinking fine.
1 Responses
675347 tn?1365464245
COMMUNITY LEADER
I'm so sorry your question got missed.

How was her incision? Was it swollen or reddened at all around the stitches, and did it start healing properly?

It's possible there could be some fluid build up where the incision was, or the lower part of it, and that might be causing her 2 lower teats to become too firm (swollen?) When she went for her post-surgical check, did the vet notice this or mention it? Or was it not there then?

My feeling is that you should call the vet who did the surgery and discuss it with him/her. They are usually happy to answer any questions you may have post-op. You may have to take her in to be examined.
Have an Answer?
Top Dogs Answerers
675347 tn?1365464245
United Kingdom
974371 tn?1424656729
Central Valley, CA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Members of our Pet Communities share their Halloween pet photos.
Like to travel but hate to leave your pooch at home? Dr. Carol Osborne talks tips on how (and where!) to take a trip with your pampered pet
Ooh and aah your way through these too-cute photos of MedHelp members' best friends
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child