Dogs Community

Blood in my dogs urine

I have a Shepard mix, 3 year old female dog.  She urinates normally but recently after a snowstorm I noticed some blood. I have been watching her for a few weeks now and the last few drops of her urine is red. She doesn't seem to be in pain or abnormal in any other way. She has been spayed for almost two years now. It seems to come and go, not always there. Need some advice.
Bottom line, you need to take her to the vet along with a urine sample.  She may just have a simple urinary tract infection that can be treated with antibiotics.  On the other hand, it could be something far more serious like kidney or bladder stones or even cancer.  Don't wait.  Make the appointment.  :-)