Aa
A
A
A
Close
Dogs Community
10.3k Members

CHF with Mucus Coming Out of Nose

My 10 year old Dachshund was diagnosed with CHF 2 months ago.  She is on lasix, enapril and vitmedin over the last month she was still coughing in the AM mostly and when she became excited, also noticed sneezing and mucus from her nose.  I took her back in for a re-check and the vet said it is just part of the disease he did not up her meds and pretty much said if he gave her anything to dry it up more it could damage her kidneys. This week she has hardly coughed but the sneezing and mucus is constant.  Only when she is resting it calms down.  Anyone else having this problem she is only on .25 mg lasix once a day,  2.5 mg Enalapril twice a day, and 2.5 vetmedin every other day. I would like to try anything that will help her.
0 Responses
Have an Answer?
Top Dogs Answerers
675347 tn?1365464245
United Kingdom
974371 tn?1424656729
Central Valley, CA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Members of our Pet Communities share their Halloween pet photos.
Like to travel but hate to leave your pooch at home? Dr. Carol Osborne talks tips on how (and where!) to take a trip with your pampered pet
Ooh and aah your way through these too-cute photos of MedHelp members' best friends
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child