Dogs Community

Can dogs eat Raw Pumpkin?

Is it ok for my German Shepherd pup to eat raw pumpkin? I was scooping some out tonight to make pumpkin seeds and she was going nuts from the smell. I gave her a little taste and she loved it! Is it ok?

I'm not aware of any problems with pumpkin and dogs, and as long as it was a "little taste" there shouldn't be a problem.  How old is your pup?  I love Shepherds!
It should be fine but just a warning. Pumpkin can act as a great laxative!
Lets just say my dog has eaten everything under the sun, I mean everything from cat poop, baby formula, dirty diapers, takes food off the table when no one is looking I mean I can go on and on, I surprised she's still alive with all the stuff she has eaten. So I don't think A little bit of pumpkin will hurt her, Heck I'm surprised my dog hasnt eaten our pumpkin we have sitting on our window.
Im sure theres nothing to worry about! my brothers dog use to eat socks and underwear! But she died so i wouldnt suggest letting them. Then again they dont know what she died of for sure.
My dogs eat canned 100% pumpkin with every meal and have for years.  Pumpkin is great for their skin, coats and adds fiber to their diet.  
We have 2 German Shepherds. Our younger dog just loves sweet potatoes. Go figure. The older one turns his nose up at them.