My 12 year old dog was euthanized on Nov 16th. She was diagnosed with CHF about 18 months ago, but showed no symptoms until April of this year when she began coughing. Putting her on Enalapril and Lasix had significantly reduced her coughing, and other than just getting tired more easily, she was doing fine for a while. Then one day in July, she got excited and fainted. I rushed her to the vet, who had increased her meds dosages, adding Vetmedin to the mix. Then in October she fainted twice more, but was doing well otherwise. Over sudden, on Nov 8th she started getting bloated. I took her to the vet on Nov 11th, as the bloating was getting bad. The vet gave her Furosemide, Midazolam, Morphine and Acepromazine shots, an 8 hr oxygen therapy, and increased (yet again) meds dosages. Her murmur level was 6 by then. The next day she seemed a little better, but on day two she was bloated again. I took her to the vet again, who drained the fluids from her belly. Unfortunately, she started getting bloated the very next day and began breathing really hard. She stopped eating and I noticed that she lost a lot of weight. She seemed very uncomfortable without being able to breathe well, so much so, that on Nov 16th I took her to the emergency vet clinic (our vet is closed on Sat). After examining her, the vet recommended a 24hr oxygen therapy. She also recommended a cardiologist visit and a more aggressive treatment. Knowing that the prior 8 hr oxygen therapy and med dosage increase was ineffective, and that I my dog went through 3 emergency vet visits in in one week, I have made a decision to have her euthanized. I would like to know what would be the prognosis (in the best case scenario) if I decided to proceed with the 24 hr oxygen therapy and more aggressive treatment for my dog instead of euthanizing her? Is there anything that could've been done to prolong her life without compromising the quality of it? I am hoping for the most honest answer in this matter, please.