A
A
A
Close
Dogs Community
10.3k Members
878936 tn?1240340085

Dog Not Eating and...

Our 8 year old Lab/Boxer Mix has not ate for going on 3 days. He is going to the vet today. I am just looking for some people to talk to.  Some of the things that i noticed about him are.

He is not eating any food, not even table food. It started 5 days ago we switched him to wet food casue he quit eating his dry food, the first day he ate it, the second he ate some, the next he would not any anything. Today is day #3 of eating nothing.

He has this horrible smell almost like bad breath, but much much worse.

He has peed on our floor a couple of times over the past couple of months. Last year we had the same problem and had blood work done and everything at that time looked ok.

He seems to be in no pain, no yelping, no crying, just very weak, prob from not eating. He will get up from his bed, but walk over to the front door and just stand there. I had to carry him out to pee today.

About 5 months ago, we noticed he lost some weight and his poop was runny so we wormed him. We had just moved to a new home so we were thinking he caught a worm in the new yard? I dont even know if this is possible.

I dont want to jump to conclusions, but everything i read does not sound good.

Thanks
9 Responses
765775 tn?1366028291
You are right, it does not sound good but it is not terrible either. There are too many things that could be wrong to list. Blood work should reveal a quick diagnosis. You mentioned that he is urinating inside which is unusual for him but that also could mean many things. The fact that you recently moved to the house could just mean he is marking his territory. The bad breath could be a stomach ulcer or infection. I wish I could tell you more.

I hope he is okay.

Please keep us posted.
675347 tn?1365464245
COMMUNITY LEADER
Are you sure it isn't his teeth that are bothering him? If he has a tooth abscess, that will cause foul-smelling breath, and will put him off eating because of pain when he tries to eat.
878936 tn?1240340085
We had to put him down, he was in almost complete renal faliure. Thanks for all the replys for those that read this.   We miss him so much.

765775 tn?1366028291
I am very sorry to hear that you had to let him go. I know it is very hard right now, He will always be with you in your heart.

God Bless

203342 tn?1328740807
I am so sorry for your loss. I just had to put my dog to sleep, too, just last night. It was so hard. He sounded so similar to your dog! I know what you're going through. I pray God will bring you comfort soon. If you ever want to talk, please feel free to pm me. God bless you and your precious dog.
363281 tn?1518219421
Oh gosh, I am soooo sorry for your loss, I know how it hurts. I just had to put my beloved dog to sleep this morning, and I am devastated over it. They are so much a part of you, they are truly "family" I know time heals all, but right now, it is hard to believe. I will be praying for you and for God's comfort.
God bless you and hugs
Susie
363281 tn?1518219421
Hello, just wanted to say that you are in my prayers, I hope you are feeling a wee bit better. It is so hard the first few days, I know this morning was sure rough for me.
441382 tn?1452814169
Oh goodness, what a TERRIBLE week for our board!   Samsmom, I send you my most sincere condolences on your loss!  

Ghilly
675347 tn?1365464245
COMMUNITY LEADER
I am so sorry too. This is so sad. Prayers and thoughts your way from me. I do know what the sorrow is like.
Have an Answer?
Top Dogs Answerers
675347 tn?1365464245
United Kingdom
974371 tn?1424656729
Central Valley, CA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Members of our Pet Communities share their Halloween pet photos.
Like to travel but hate to leave your pooch at home? Dr. Carol Osborne talks tips on how (and where!) to take a trip with your pampered pet
Ooh and aah your way through these too-cute photos of MedHelp members' best friends
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child