Dogs Community

Dog Not Eating and...

Our 8 year old Lab/Boxer Mix has not ate for going on 3 days. He is going to the vet today. I am just looking for some people to talk to.  Some of the things that i noticed about him are.

He is not eating any food, not even table food. It started 5 days ago we switched him to wet food casue he quit eating his dry food, the first day he ate it, the second he ate some, the next he would not any anything. Today is day #3 of eating nothing.

He has this horrible smell almost like bad breath, but much much worse.

He has peed on our floor a couple of times over the past couple of months. Last year we had the same problem and had blood work done and everything at that time looked ok.

He seems to be in no pain, no yelping, no crying, just very weak, prob from not eating. He will get up from his bed, but walk over to the front door and just stand there. I had to carry him out to pee today.

About 5 months ago, we noticed he lost some weight and his poop was runny so we wormed him. We had just moved to a new home so we were thinking he caught a worm in the new yard? I dont even know if this is possible.

I dont want to jump to conclusions, but everything i read does not sound good.

You are right, it does not sound good but it is not terrible either. There are too many things that could be wrong to list. Blood work should reveal a quick diagnosis. You mentioned that he is urinating inside which is unusual for him but that also could mean many things. The fact that you recently moved to the house could just mean he is marking his territory. The bad breath could be a stomach ulcer or infection. I wish I could tell you more.

I hope he is okay.

Please keep us posted.
COMMUNITY LEADER
Are you sure it isn't his teeth that are bothering him? If he has a tooth abscess, that will cause foul-smelling breath, and will put him off eating because of pain when he tries to eat.
We had to put him down, he was in almost complete renal faliure. Thanks for all the replys for those that read this.   We miss him so much.

I am very sorry to hear that you had to let him go. I know it is very hard right now, He will always be with you in your heart.

God Bless

I am so sorry for your loss. I just had to put my dog to sleep, too, just last night. It was so hard. He sounded so similar to your dog! I know what you're going through. I pray God will bring you comfort soon. If you ever want to talk, please feel free to pm me. God bless you and your precious dog.
Oh gosh, I am soooo sorry for your loss, I know how it hurts. I just had to put my beloved dog to sleep this morning, and I am devastated over it. They are so much a part of you, they are truly "family" I know time heals all, but right now, it is hard to believe. I will be praying for you and for God's comfort.
God bless you and hugs
Susie
Hello, just wanted to say that you are in my prayers, I hope you are feeling a wee bit better. It is so hard the first few days, I know this morning was sure rough for me.
Oh goodness, what a TERRIBLE week for our board!   Samsmom, I send you my most sincere condolences on your loss!  

Ghilly
COMMUNITY LEADER
I am so sorry too. This is so sad. Prayers and thoughts your way from me. I do know what the sorrow is like.