Dogs Community

Dog had puppies yesterday, not a lot of milk yet.

Is this normal? She was on a diet while pregnant that the vet put her on to help with lactation. When I squeeze most of her nipples, no milk comes out. Two are also very very red and a bit swollen but I think the puppies have just taken a liking to those.

Any advance?

Thanks!
The first gland production will be colostrum.  Are the pups nursing and how many are there? Put the pups on those swollen nipples and hold them there to nurse. You don't want a case of mastitis.  Do the pups seem full or are they fussing?  Watch they don't seem lethargic and are nursing.  Is the mom eating and drinking?