A
A
Close
Dogs Community
10.3k Members
4307980 tn?1352568740

Doodle - stomach bloated some

Hi,
My Honey is a 4 year old Golden Doodle. I have two other dogs Hannah 5 year old Golden Doodle, and Dakota who is a 5 month old mixed Rottie/Mastiff pup. Honey always played with Hannah and Dakota, now she is on the sofa and won't come down unless you take her out and try and feed her. All my dogs eat one of the top notch dog food's you can buy Fromm, Gold for Large Breed Dogs. She will not eat it, I have been cooking hamburger and rice, chicken and rice, and she will eat this. She is having bowel movements regular and peeing, so no blockages or UTI's. She was in her heat cycle and needs to be spayed, and no she is never near another male dog to be pregnant. When my dogs go out...They are always a leash, never left out of my sight. I also noticed she was limping on her hind leg, and holding it up. Put her on Doggy buffered aspirin for two days now and still having problems on and off. Second part of problem is with her heat cycles...she does not have normal heat cycles and yes I know she needs to be spayed. That is being done within the next week I hope. Not sure what could be causing her problems with no eating and being lethargic.
2 Responses
974371 tn?1424656729
How old are the other two dogs and how long have you had them?  Yes, hope you get her spay and not sure what you mean about her not having a normal cycle.  Some females in heat will go off their food.  Does she have a vaginal discharge? Any odor? Do you know how to take a rectal temp on a dog?  This might tell you if something is brewing.
Obviously, she is in pain and should probably be evaluated by a Vet and I hope this is not Dysplasia or an ACL problem. She could be off her food due to discomfort.
4307980 tn?1352568740
Hi, Hannah is 5 years old and Honey is 4. Honey has had a few problems with her heat cycle in the past. She has always had some vaginal discharge after her heat cycle. No odor that I notice. Yes I know how to take temps on a dog and not always is she running a fever normal temp is between 101 and 102 and when she is...it's very low grade 103. She has now stopped limping around and when she gets around is moving ok although acting stiff when she get's up...I have added giving her glucosamine and chondroitin...I think it's a spay issue could be pyometra. She will be at the Vet on Monday (tomorrow), when I can afford to get her there. I am very very knowledgeable with dogs, and the reason's why Honey has not been spayed is every time I saved to have her done another dog of my son's took sick and had to help him. We also doctored with him because of lymes disease which he never got over. He was on predisone for over two years, because they misdiagnosed him. Said Cancer when it was Lymes and they didn't listen to us. Finally after a $280.00 ultrasound and blood work came back it confirmed the lymes disease but it already went into his joints and he never fully recovered, two years later he got a spleen tumor and we had to have him put down on 10/11/12. Not easy when you live on a very fixed income and my son was laid off and can't collect anymore. Doing the best I can ...thanks for your advice.
Have an Answer?
Top Dogs Answerers
675347 tn?1365464245
United Kingdom
974371 tn?1424656729
Central Valley, CA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Members of our Pet Communities share their Halloween pet photos.
Like to travel but hate to leave your pooch at home? Dr. Carol Osborne talks tips on how (and where!) to take a trip with your pampered pet
Ooh and aah your way through these too-cute photos of MedHelp members' best friends
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child