Aa
A
A
A
Close
Dogs Community
10.4k Members

Good allergies or something else?

I have a one year old Australian Shepard/ Blue Nosed Pit. Months ago she received the Rattlesnake Vaccine. Both shots left her w giant puss filled bumps at the injection site. One of them actually opened and we had to drain it ourself. At the same time of her first shot we noticed a bumpy rash starting on her rear. Now months later and rounds of steroids and antibiotics later we are no closer to soothing her. She itches continuously, has bumps on her butt, tail, and sides, and ***** on her toes. Her hair seems thinned to me and falls out very easily. It's hard to tell with her merle coat thank goodness. Unfortunately I can't find a fix. We were originally on Blue as a puppy, and continued with grain free food once we saw the bumps. Now we are feeding her a raw diet with instinct. We've had a few weeks of okay skin since the last dose of antibiotics, but I can see the bumps coming back. My vet told me it was either fleas or food. I bathe her with tea tree shampoo, cover her w the best flea and tick preventative and give her the best food I can think of. My bank is busting and my puppy is still not a happy camper. I have a feeling that all of this has happened because of the rattlesnake vaccine, but at this point I'm just reaching for excuses. Please, does anyone have any suggestions?
0 Responses
Have an Answer?
Top Dogs Answerers
675347 tn?1365460645
United Kingdom
974371 tn?1424653129
Central Valley, CA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Members of our Pet Communities share their Halloween pet photos.
Like to travel but hate to leave your pooch at home? Dr. Carol Osborne talks tips on how (and where!) to take a trip with your pampered pet
Ooh and aah your way through these too-cute photos of MedHelp members' best friends
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.