Growing bald patch on our dogs lower back

Hi All
I wondered if you could please help me with a question regarding our 1 year old pug/jack Russell cross?
We got her at six months old and she had a small bald patch on her lower back. Over the last six months it has gotten larger and it is now the roughly two inches and two inches. The skin is smooth and black underneath and very clearly visible. We took her to the vet and skin samples were taken and we were told there was nothing there.. Literally. No hair follicles and nothing to help the hair grow. They didn't know what was causing it, it was just one of those things.

Should I be worried that it's getting bigger??? Her coat is very very thick all over and she malts heavily, even In summer now it seems like she has a winter coat.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you