Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Labradors

Hi my daughter is visiting with her two labradors. The Black farm lab is very energetic and runs like the wind but the Golden one only runs a few yards then stops. I have noticed that the Golden Lab is very slow and stiff  on getting up and moving around, its almost as if he aches really badly. He groans ever such alot too. He is only two years old not really overweight. He actually looks like an old dog with aches and pains with his looks and ability to move. Has anyone any ideas what this could be. My daughter is returning home tomorrow so any quick responses woud be grateful. Im sure she will take him to the vet. I was wandering if young dogs could suffer from Arthritus at all ?
3 Responses
Was the golden one always this way?  Or did it just come on quickly?  I am not sure about Arthritis but I would also check for Lymes disease.  Check the dog over carefully for a tic.  I know that Lymes causes joint pain and stiffness.  
82861 tn?1333453911
Definitely a situation calling for a vet exam.  With that kind of lameness in such a young dog, I'd be looking at hip displaysia and resulting arthritis.  He'll need an x-ray to check it out.
No Bertie seemed fine until recently. They both had kennel cough not long since. They live in Wales near the mountains and often swim in the local river. Its on a dog park and once you let them off the lead their off ( believe me I tried to stop them last time I visited, its nigh on imposssible ) They are responsible owners and Im sure she will be straight at the vet tomorrow. Thanks so much I will tell her this info
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Dogs Community

Top Dogs Answerers
675347 tn?1365460645
United Kingdom
974371 tn?1424653129
Central Valley, CA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Members of our Pet Communities share their Halloween pet photos.
Like to travel but hate to leave your pooch at home? Dr. Carol Osborne talks tips on how (and where!) to take a trip with your pampered pet
Ooh and aah your way through these too-cute photos of MedHelp members' best friends
The first signs of HIV may feel like the flu, with aches and a fever.
Frequency of HIV testing depends on your risk.
Post-exposure prophylaxis (PEP) may help prevent HIV infection.