Dogs Community

Liver disease

Does anyone know then stages of liver disease in a dog.  She has been to vet, and been given two antibiotics. they don't seem to help . She drinks but does not eat for about 24 hrs now. She is is about 8 years old.
HI,

I'm not familiar with liver disease in dogs as mine have never had issues until it became normal age related things.

But i just put into google "canine liver disease" and there were tons of very informative articals/websites to look into. it seems that diet is very important in it's management can be a lifesaver in some dogs.
Your best bet would be to google this and go from there. There are are just too many factors to list, and it all depends on the dog and what has been going on, which you know best.

I wish you luck in finding your answers
Take care ; )