Dogs Community

Low platelet count in King Charles Spaniel

Hi- we have a almost 6 month old King Charles Cavelier Spaniel that went in today to be neutered. The vet called me and told me her platelets were low at around 100,000. she said that was on the manual count and on the regular CBC it was lower 60,000-80,000. she would not do surgery on her and stated they had to be at least 200,000. I looked online and it said that this breed is prone to low platelets and their norm is 150,000-200,000 so my question is when I take her back again in 2 weeks- am I looking at about the same count or a possible rise so she can have surgery? she just had the corona, distemper and rabies vaccine on monday so Im wondering if that contributed. Should I wait longer then 2 weeks? Im aware that low platelets can cause issues with internal bleeding but at the same time dont want to be taking her back every 2 weeks if they are never going to rise. she is asymptomatic with it.. thanks
anyone??
Try posting this question to Dr. Cheng on the Ask a Vet board here at Med Help.  It's free as Dr. Cheng volunteers her time, and she generally answers questions within 24 to 48 hours.  I'm just not familiar enough with the King Charles breed to help on this one.  To access the forum from her, look under Community Members on the right side of the screen and click Pet Health.  Good luck!
thanks!