Dogs Community

Lump found

My dog has a pea size lump on the side of her neck just under her jaw, and I can pick it up with her skin, what can this be? I discovered it about 2 weeks ago, still same size. Thank You
COMMUNITY LEADER
Only the vet can tell you for sure, so go get this lump checked.

Generally a lump which is very rounded, symmetrical, and moves freely (ie you can lift it with the skin) has a tendency to be benign.This could be a cyst of some kind....but please do NOT take my word for it!
Also, if it were a swollen lymph node I don't think you would be able to lift it up the way you say.