Aa
A
A
A
Close
Dogs Community
10.3k Members
Avatar universal

My 14 month old accidentally ate my dogs Novox 100mg

My Husband gave our dog her evening pill and we didn't know she had spit her medication out.  My son who is 14 months old and weighs about 30 lbs was crawling picked it up and ate about half her 100mg pill. I called poison control and they said he would be fine but may have some GI discomfort. I have tried researching side effects to just make sure but I can not find any information on it about this situation or its side effects. Can you please give me some in site. Thanks a ton!
2 Responses
Avatar universal
I am not a doctor but I do work with animals and have two kids. Novox is an anti-inflammatory drug and the dosage prescribed for your pet probably would not cause any significant or long lasting side affect in your child. I would not worry at all.
974371 tn?1424653129
Glad you called Poison Control, however, this is probably not the best source for an answer to a question such as that.  You just never know who might react to what, especially when it comes to medication.  Having had 3 kids myself, and had something similar happen, I was either at the ER or on the phone with their doctor.
Hope all will be ok.
Have an Answer?
Top Dogs Answerers
675347 tn?1365460645
United Kingdom
974371 tn?1424653129
Central Valley, CA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Members of our Pet Communities share their Halloween pet photos.
Like to travel but hate to leave your pooch at home? Dr. Carol Osborne talks tips on how (and where!) to take a trip with your pampered pet
Ooh and aah your way through these too-cute photos of MedHelp members' best friends
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.