Quick description of my dog, His name is Ozzy, he is a bijon/poodle cross. More bijon then poodle, and he is about the size of a skateboard length wise, and not very tall. He isn't that heavy either. I don't know the weight exactly.
So long story short, Christmas day my little sister left her whole stocking on the floor before she left and we told her not too because the dog would get into it. Ofcourse she left it on the ground, and he did get into it and I came home alone to the dog who ate an entire box of Golden Buds chocolates (131g, 22g of sugar), an entire bag of swedish fish (I don't even know the absurd number of sugar thats in that) and got into turkey scraps that were also left out by somebody irresponsible.
I got home to puke everywhere, wrappers everywhere and the dog looking quite happy to see me, but also quite sick looking. He was whining, running around everywhere (all the sugar im assuming), barking at walls, growling at things that werent there (constantly barking at the door and I would open it and no one would be there, etc.) I cleaned up all the puke, stayed up with him all night waiting for my parents to get home. The next day, they saw what happened, basically just brushed it off. I told them how poisonous chocolate can be too dogs and all that and how crazy he was acting etc. and they seemed to not care. (His tail is wagging, he looks fine to me!) >.>
Anyway the only person who seemed to care was my older sister who is quite educated about that kind of stuff. She was in town and was explaining to me how if dogs don't immediately die from that, they can develop diabetes, and become quite sluggish, and need insulin and stuff. I have been watching him every day, and it has been 4 days since then and I still think hes sick. I just watched him sluggishly walk to a corner and rushed him outside because i knew he was going to vomit. It was a yellowy substance, and there was nothing around the house that he could have eaten.
I am very worried about the well being of my dog. I have given up talking to my parents about this. They don't care one little bit and my mother told me "The only possible way he's going to the vet, is if you put up the 200$ yourself." I simply don't have that kind of money right now. And I'm very frightened that my dog needs to go to the doctor right away. If anyone has any questions or help, your input would be greatly appreciated.