Aa
A
A
A
Close
Dogs Community
10.4k Members
Avatar universal

My dog ate 10, 1 week old chicken nuggets from McDonald's what should I do

They were sitting on a table for a week and she got them
1 Responses
675347 tn?1365460645
COMMUNITY LEADER
They might make her sick. They might not. It is quite amazing how dogs can eat food that is no longer fit for human consumption. Their digestive systems are not like ours. They can eat smelly carrion, and gnaw on old bones of deceased animals and be okay.
There is nothing literally "toxic for dogs" in the chicken nuggets (such as onions etc) -just meat which is past its eat-by date.
My advice would be to not panic but keep a close watch on your dog. If she/he is sick, then that's okay so long as the vomiting stops after once or twice and there are no other symptoms.
Usually when a dog has eaten something it shouldn't have, it will vomit to get rid of it, then pretty soon afterwards be ready to eat food, and there won't be any other symptoms such as tiredness, lethargy etc.
If you see ANYTHING which makes you concerned or which is unusual in his/her behaviour, or if your dog vomits more than twice, please do take her to a vet quickly.
Have an Answer?
Top Dogs Answerers
675347 tn?1365460645
United Kingdom
974371 tn?1424653129
Central Valley, CA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Members of our Pet Communities share their Halloween pet photos.
Like to travel but hate to leave your pooch at home? Dr. Carol Osborne talks tips on how (and where!) to take a trip with your pampered pet
Ooh and aah your way through these too-cute photos of MedHelp members' best friends
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.