Dogs Community

My dog has Cushings disease

My dog was just diagnosed with Cushing disease. Unfortunately, we can't afford to do the treatments. How long does my dog have to live and what can I expect for him and me over the next few months or years.

Thanks Kim
Our 12 yr old dog was diagnosed two months ago with Cushings, and we have her on Trilostane.  There is another med, Lysodern, which I believe is much cheaper.  The Trilostane is fairly new, and costly.  Molly had every symptom of cushings, and most of them have improved, but she still is drinking a tremendous amount of water, and peeing every hour.  We had her retested today to see if shes getting the proper amount of meds,   I don't know how long a dog will live with Cushings, I believe with the meds its about 2 years. What symptoms does your dog have?