Aa
A
A
A
Close
Dogs Community
10.3k Members

My puppy has a lump in area he got a shot

My puppy of 2 month got his shot almost two weeks ago. within one day he has a huge lump in the area he got a shot. It first appeared today so the limp popped up really quick which I find to be very odd. Its around the size of a tennis ball, maybe half the size. It doesn't hurt him when I feel around it, it hasn't changed his personality or routine. He is still very playful and acts the same way. what are some possibilities that this could be?
1 Responses
974371 tn?1424656729
This could be an inflammatory reaction to the vaccine.  It could also be an abscess.  You can try applying warm compresses for about 10 mins a few times a day.  If it is an abscess, it would probably have to be lanced and drained.  If you aren't sure, best to consult your Vet or at least call, tell them what is going on and see what they advise.
Have an Answer?
Top Dogs Answerers
675347 tn?1365464245
United Kingdom
974371 tn?1424656729
Central Valley, CA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Members of our Pet Communities share their Halloween pet photos.
Like to travel but hate to leave your pooch at home? Dr. Carol Osborne talks tips on how (and where!) to take a trip with your pampered pet
Ooh and aah your way through these too-cute photos of MedHelp members' best friends
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.
How to lower your heart attack risk.