Dogs Community

Painful large lump on dogs leg

Hi! I hope I am not repeating a post but I didn't see any about lumps that are painful.  My dog is 11 (does not look or seem  old at all yet) and is a husky/shepherd/rott/mastiff mix. He's adorable.
Today he started limping pretty bad, and I found a lump on his front leg that is a bit smaller than a golf ball and black. It's obviously causing him pain. I am getting him in to the vet asap, but guess I just wondered if anyone can give me some idea of what it is. Any chance that it isn't cancer?
Thanks so much. Any input is hugely appreciated.
It might be a hematoma.  Only a vet who sees it will know for sure.  Hope everything is ok!