Please help. What's going on with my dog?

My dog woke up suddenly last night and was panicked. She could not stop moving. She moved her head from side to side, jumped on and off the bed. was panting, licking, she just could not stop. It was like she was scared or anxious. she could not calm down or stop. She would come to us but could not stop moving. This lasted for 4 to 5 hours. She slowly calmed down and fell asleep. She seems fine today, just tired and probably sore muscles. This has happened 2 or 3 times over a 3 year period.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I always think a dog is trying to tell us something when they act like that.  Always look at their tongue if you can.  When they have trouble breathing, they act like that.  My sister's dog wok her up the exact same way and turned out to have a small tear in his lung.  Is this better or still going on?  Normally though, if they act like that and then are fine, it may just be a burst of energy.  Anyway, let me know how doggie is doing!
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Dogs Community