A
A
Close
Dogs Community
10.3k Members
172023 tn?1334675884

Poll: Do your dogs sleep with you?

Just curious.

Our 2 Dobes and Great Dane sleep with us.  Our king size bed is NOT big enough.
18 Responses
377306 tn?1203438103
Nope.  But, we do let them on the bed during the day, especially our small dogs.  But the bed is for us at night.  All three we have sleep in their own crate seperately.
82861 tn?1333457511
There was a time that my husband adamantly refused to allow dogs on the bed.  That changed when we adopted Maggie.  Hubby is so in love with this dog that it took only one night of her crying in the crate before he gave up and brought her in with us.  On cold nights she gets right between us on the pillows, and I usually end up with my face rammed into her backside the rest of the night.  Oh well, her coat is so soft she feels like a plush baby toy, and luckily she doesn't suffer from gas!  :-)
I have 2 small pug/beagle mixes- one is 8lbs and one is about 14lbs- we have a queen size bed and have recently had to have them stop sleeping in with us because of lack of room! How do you do it with those 3 huge dogs?!! We allow ours in with us on the weekend because we can sleep in a little- both crawl up between us and lay sideways taking up as much room as they can! but during the week they go in their crate.
377306 tn?1203438103
But I will admit that I have several times pulled our little Chihuahua in bed with us.  When it gets real cold, he likes to crawl under the covers.  But we are afraid that we will roll over in the middle of the night and crush him, he's so little.  Years ago we had a cockapoo that we used to let sleep with us.  He just laid on my feet all night.  Now that spot is taken by one of our cats.  

It seems the only time the cats can get any attention is when the dogs are in their crates.  They don't think that is fair, since there were here first......... ;^)
Our dog sleeps on our bed all day, at night he will lay for a few minutes with is then he goes on the floor to his own bed. He likes his bed and it is right up against ours!
290018 tn?1240369468
our dog is allowed to sleep anywhere he wants except our bed or my sons.  He knows it too....doesnt even try anymore
Have an Answer?
Top Dogs Answerers
675347 tn?1365464245
United Kingdom
974371 tn?1424656729
Central Valley, CA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Members of our Pet Communities share their Halloween pet photos.
Like to travel but hate to leave your pooch at home? Dr. Carol Osborne talks tips on how (and where!) to take a trip with your pampered pet
Ooh and aah your way through these too-cute photos of MedHelp members' best friends
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child