A
A
A
Close
Dogs Community
10.4k Members
7627194 tn?1396395744

Stray blind/deaf dog with lumps

Recently, I found a stray female Blue Heeler. She has cataracts and is completely blind. She seems to be either near or completely deaf. Her teeth aren't in awful shape, but they're a little worn down. She pees large amounts frequently. Roughly 4 times in a 20 minute period. She seems older, at least 7 years I'm guessing. She has en excellent temperament and will let me look at her teeth, grab her tail and back end, etc. She's slightly underweight. She has two nearly flat, soft lumps on her chest, which seem like fatty tumors to me. Her teets are rock hard and grape sized. None of these seem to hurt her and she will let me feel them without any signs of distress. Other than this, she's a very sweet, happy dog. I've put posters up everywhere and asked around (I live in a small town) and no one knows her. I plan on taking her to the vet, but I'd like to have a slight idea of how serious this could be.
1 Responses
612551 tn?1450022175
God bless, hope you can help the old dog.. may be someone abandoned her.  Sad, but that happens.

We have a rescue (was estimated) 8 yo we adopted.  He was found near starvation and deaf in Liberty State Park in Hoboken NJ  His teeth are no great but we have had them cleaned on one removed.  His is our dog, we adopted him.  

Some dogs develop "fat pockets" but I associate that with older (10 yo or more) large dogs - i.e.,,near end of life.  This is not a diagnosis of your dog's condition - an investment in a vet check up would be very good for the dog, and rewarding for you as I read you care.
Have an Answer?
Top Dogs Answerers
675347 tn?1365460645
United Kingdom
974371 tn?1424653129
Central Valley, CA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Members of our Pet Communities share their Halloween pet photos.
Like to travel but hate to leave your pooch at home? Dr. Carol Osborne talks tips on how (and where!) to take a trip with your pampered pet
Ooh and aah your way through these too-cute photos of MedHelp members' best friends
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.